Care from Clare is a safe space for all survivors of sexual violence (sexual abuse, domestic abuse, rape, sexual assaults, sexual exploitation, and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)). It is for everyone – all ages, genders, ethnicities, nationalities and sexualities. It is a space to feel powerful and not alone.
I want to create a community of survivors of sexual violence in Greater Manchester (and beyond). I have tried to find lots of helpful information on sexual violence from the big wide web and put it all in one place, this website. Sometimes it can be dangerous searching sexual violence in the internet and when you are struggling you don’t have the energy to trail through all the websites.
There is so much negativity about sexual violence and I wanted to provide a positive space. To show other survivors that we can cope and help each other on our road to recovery.
So please post videos/poems/stories/ideas/ anything that has empowered you and made you feel less alone.
Some ideas …..
- What song gets you out of bed or makes you want to fight back?
- Would it help you to tell your story?
- Have you got a motivational quote?
- Do you have a good exercise video to pump happy hormones round your body?
This website is giving you a voice. And remember it was not your fault.
Take baby steps and don’t beat yourself up if you have a blip.
1. It’s not a competition for who has had the worst life.
2. This is a space for all survivors of abuse and rape – recent and historical. It does not matter how long ago it happened.
3. You can remain anonymous if you want or can write your name.
4. All posts will be checked before being displayed on the website.
5. Don’t put names of the perpetrator(s) (abuser, attacker, rapist). This is for legal reasons, I don’t want to get sued.
Copyright ©2015 Emmeline May and Blue Seat Studios